The mission of COMCOR is to develop, establish, and maintain community based corrections programs that provide sanctions and alternatives to incarceration, and to provide leadership and coordination throughout the criminal justice community. COMCOR offers a variety of programs for nonviolent offenders that help save jail space in the adult detention center, allowing offenders to maintain their jobs, support their families, and provide restitution to the crime victims and the community. COMCOR works with state and government agencies to provide these alternative programs.
ComCor, Inc., a growing company currently seeking a responsible individual to fill the position of Client Specialist I. The Client Specialist, provides a system of accountability and continuous supervision of the adult offender population by monitoring all residential activities.
* Ensures security for all staff, residents, and facilities to ensure community safety.
* Process new client intakes into the residential facility by explaining facility rules and conducting inventory of clients property.
* Outgoing of clients by completing the proper paperwork and conducting inventory of the client's property.
* Enforces the Conditions and Expectations guidelines through area and accountability checks, conducting offsite phone checks and monitoring activities on facility grounds.
* Observes the collection of client specimens for analysis.
* Performs Alco-Sensor tests to meet operating standards when clients are under suspicion of drug and/or alcohol abuse.
* Randomly conducts personal and room searches to verify the presence of each client and detection contraband items, which can include contraband searches including the use of canines.
* Detail Documentation of client violation of Conditions and Expectations, medical incident reports, critical incident reports and documentation of positive recognition through company computer program.
* Monitors medication intake and conducts medication compliance audits to ensure accuracy of stock.
* Manages the cleanliness of grounds and buildings to include resident rooms’ and reports any deficiencies for repair.
* Conducts monthly evacuation drills as scheduled.
* Tracks daily client movement through logging phone calls via computerized data entry system. Facilitates and verifies resident movement through biometric verification.
* Runs daily and weekly reports as needed.
* Operates with a level of integrity to comply with all Federal, State and County compliance standards to include PREA-Prison Rape Elimination Act.
* Adherence to Evidence Based Practices.
* Conducts transportation of clients, to include picking up new residents form referral agencies.
* Providing First Responder medical attention to include CPR, 1st Aid, AED and Narcan administration if applicable.
* Ensures compliance with CORE correctional practices.
* Acts as a liaison between case management, on-call departments, and clients.
* Monitors cameras to supplement staff presence within the environment
* Multi-Tasking capabilities are integral in this position
* Appropriate utilization of de-escalation tactics to include; problem solving and Motivational Interviewing techniques to resolve conflict.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED required. Preferred experience in corrections or social services to include Evidence Based Practices, BSMART and CORE correctional practices.
Good organizational skills. Administrative skills including computer skills are desired. Knowledge of maintenance requirements necessary. Physical demands include walking, standing, and sitting for various amounts of time. Light lifting, stooping, and kneeling may be required
ComCor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check.