ComCor, Inc., a growing company is currently seeking a Maintenance Assistant to be responsible for
the care and upkeep of the interior and exterior of correctional facility grounds following guidelines,
policies, and procedures governed by contracting agencies as directed by the Director of Operations.
The Maintenance Assistant will support implementing the facilities maintenance program.
* Works with resident and public service labor utilized in implementing the maintenance program.
* Assists in performance of the following types of maintenance work:
4) Sheet metal
8) Dry Wall
* Ability to work from sketches, written and/or verbal instructions.
* Completes material requisitions and obtains tools from storage area.
* Provides recommendations for the improvement of work methods, safety, materials and tools.
* Plans and completes most jobs assigned with general supervision.
* Perform other job duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED preferred, but not required. Two years experience in maintenance or
construction required. Valid Colorado drivers license with good driving record required. Must
understand the proper use and safety of miscellaneous hand and power tools.
Job requires good judgment and must be willing and able to be rotational on-call to meet facility requirements. Ability to work with offenders. Ability to learn maintenance skills for preventative and repair maintenance on physical grounds and small automotive repair. Physical demands may include lifting weights up to 80 pounds, carrying up to 80 pounds, pushing or pulling up to 300 pounds.
Other activities include walking, standing, and sitting, stooping, and kneeling for various amounts of time. Requires working in variable and inclement weather on occasion. Other requirements include speaking and writing ability, and auditory.
ComCor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicant's Will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check.