The mission of COMCOR is to develop, establish, and maintain community based corrections programs that provide sanctions and alternatives to incarceration, and to provide leadership and coordination throughout the criminal justice community. COMCOR offers a variety of programs for nonviolent offenders that help save jail space in the adult detention center, allowing offenders to maintain their jobs, support their families, and provide restitution to the crime victims and the community. COMCOR works with state and government agencies to provide these alternative programs.
ComCor, Inc., a growing company currently seeking a responsible individual to fill the position of Case Manage. The Case Manageralist, provides a system of accountability and continuous supervision of the adult offender population by developing and implementing client case plans. The Case Manger is responsible for clients orientation and referral services. The Case Manger implements court/probation/parole/ attorney liaison programs. The Case Manger will serve as a member of the Administrative Hearing Board.
* Supervises adult felony offenders.
* Conduct assessment interviews to determine client’s suitability for placement.
* Obtain Pre-sentence Investigation Report and past history of treatment/supervision.
* Correspond/communicate with courts denial or acceptance and progress of client.
* Complete intake paperwork for new client, inform client of rules and policies of ComCor, and verify employment.
* Prepare chronological records on client's progress and/or concerns.
* Meet with client at least once a week to monitor progress in the program and to insure they are following the court-ordered conditions and for counseling, as needed.
* Maintain client's file for changes, releases, work schedule, etc.
* Make appropriate referrals for clients to obtain needed services.
* Perform other job duties as assigned.
BA/BS in Behavioral Science required with one year counseling experience preferred. Experience in half-way house/supervised residential environment and/or corrections management essential. Previous work experience with offenders, drug abusers, or alcoholics preferred.
Job requires good judgment and flexibility in responding to crisis at odd hours and working some evenings and/or weekends. Required to participate in a rotating 24-hour a day on-call system. Empathy, sensitivity, and creativity are desirable traits. Physical demands include walking, standing, and sitting for various amounts of time. Other requirements include speaking and writing ability, as well as auditory discrimination.
ComCor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check.